Nursing Staff Duties and Resposibilities
A nursing Supervisor is responsible to the management of the Hospital ward / departments and supervision of the Nursing and Domestic staff. She is entirely responsible for the efficiency of Nursing Care
For Latest Staff Nurse & Paramedical Jobs Notification
- Patient care:
- Prepares patient care assignment
- Assists staff in planning nursing care.
- Arranges duty hours for professional and non professional staff.
- Co-ordinates and facilities work of Para medical staff
- Evaluations patient care given
- Gives a orientation to new staff
- Accompanies the medical officer during the ward round
Responsibilities for the General Administration of the ward
- Maintains a health and comfortable environment for the patient
- Maintains inventories from time to time verifies the article against the stock Register
- Has an overall responsibility for the safe custody of ward linen,
Furniture and equipment
- Responsible for the correct rendering of indents, memorandum and reports
- Responsible for economy in the expenditure of non diet articles
- Verifies indent of drugs and cheeks the distribution
- Supervise distribution of diets to the patients.
- Maintains good Public relations and investigates complaints if any
- Restricts movements of visitors.
- Evaluates Performances of staff
C. Clinical Supervision:
- Teaching and supervision of Nursing care
- Maintaining Clinical experience records
- Checking and signing procedures.
- Guides students with nursing procedures
- Plan and carry out ward teaching.
- Evaluation and conference with students
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF NURSE
The Nursing Superintendent is directly responsible to the Head of
Institution for efficient Nursing Care to all patients in the Hospital.
- She is Responsible for the General supervision of nursing care
Given to the patients and all Nursing activities within the Nursing Unit.
- She prepares the mastyer plan for professional and non professional
Staff under her control.
- She plans in co-operation with the nursing Supervisors for effective administration and Nursing care
- She Gives orientation to all new Personnel under her control
- She is in charge of Hospital linen and adequate supply of the same towards/
- Maintains various records and reports such as record of health leave Sanctioned, Confidential reports ete.
- Supervises the health needs and welfare of the Nurses personnel.
- Maintains Discipline of Nures and Auxiliary staff
- Conducts staff meeting to discuss ways and means for improving nurses Serves.
- Serves as counselor and guides to the staff
- Conducts procedures conduct selection and recruit-out of Students
- Arrange for clinical experience of the student Nurses
- Arranges for and conducts examination for the trainees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF NURSE
General care of the patient:
- Admission of patient,
- Personal care -including bathing, Mouth care, Hair combing & Shampoo
- Treatment of Pedicurists.
- Care of hands, feet, nails
- care of pressure points.
- Giving and removal of bed pans and urinals.
- Application of Hot water bottles, ice caps
- Feeding of Patients.
- Taking and recording of temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Administration of Medicines and injections.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Pre and postoperative care.
- Preparation of patient care of discharge
- Last offices of the dead
Auxiliary and Clerical:
- Assistance and instructions to patients and relatives.
- Care of patients clothing and valuables.
- Bed making with or without patient
- Maintenance of nominal register.
- Preparation of invalid diets.
- Distribution of drugs.
- Recording of Drugs administered.
- Indenting and accounting for drugs, maintenance of sub store, indent for surgical supplies, stores, Drugs,
Urine collection, treatment teaching, reporting, collecting,
labeling and dispatching of specimen
- Preparation for and assistance in chemical tests, Medical procedures and intravenous
Infusions, assisting the Medical officer with various examinations of
Patients and treatment.